“Working together for an education for life”
Our school serves a richly diverse community and we do our utmost to ensure that each child is given every opportunity to learn and succeed.
Higher Failsworth is a larger than average school with approximately 430 children (with 12 currently on EHC plans) and around 50 staff. It is a large building with many original features (built in 1915) which has been adapted so that space is used creatively. Higher Failsworth is within the borough of Oldham but it’s location means it is ideally suited to candidates living in the Greater Manchester area, being very close to Manchester city centre, motorway networks (school is 5 minutes from M60), bus routes and a Metrolink station.
What’s special about HFPS?
- We are a warm and welcoming school community
- We have amazing children from a range of backgrounds and cultures
- We are committed to providing an education that aims for high standards but supports a child to be ready for life.
- We are committed to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of the whole community and are supported by the service Place2Be.
- We have a Speech and language room and employ a Speech and Language therapist.
- We have a dedicated Safeguarding and Pastoral team to provide support for families around induction to school and familiarisation if new to the country, parenting as well as safeguarding and support for looked after children.
- We have fabulous outdoor areas for outdoor learning including a wooded area with a firepit, a polytunnel and raised beds for growing flowers, fruit and vegetables and a large sports field.
- We have a Sensory room and run a sensory club before school.
- We have achieved the Sainsbury school games Platinum award– we offer a wide range of sports and activities.
- We have a cooking room.
- We have a commitment to music & drama. All the children learn a musical instrument in KS2 and we have a whole school Shakespeare week and Choral speaking festival each year. We have a fixed stage with a sound and lighting system. Every year group performs a play / musical each year.
Whatever your interests are you can use and develop them here.
Any current vacancies for our school are advertised through the Greater Jobs website.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept CVs and a full application must be completed for any currently advertised posts.